Since infertility may be caused by dysfunctions of the reproductive health of one of the spouses, both of them should undergo a thorough medical examination. What is of great importance for infertility factors diagnosis is a medical history. That is why it is so important to give the fertility specialist detailed information on your problem and submit all the medical certificates with the results of the previous examinations. The more information you give to the specialist, the more effective the diagnosis will be.
Nova Clinic performs infertility causes diagnosis with the help of modern diagnostic methods and equipment.
Stages of an exemplary diagnosis
1. Hormone blood tests (the most widespread factors of female infertility are a «defect» of the second phase of the menstrual cycle, ovulation failure, abnormalities of ovulation)
In order to detect causes the following procedures are performed:
2. Shuvarsky test (postcoital test) for the influence of cervical mucus on spermatozoa motility
3. Infection blood test, infertility factors diagnosis, and infertility treatment are inefficient if there are active infection agents, which are detrimental to the reproductive system of a woman and her ability to carry and deliver a child.
A group of infections called TORCH is not harmful to adults and children but may be very harmful to pregnant women.
The letter “О” stands for others (other infections) which may be harmful to the fetus. They are hepatitis C and hepatitis B as well as chlamydiosis, gonococcal infection, listeriosis and syphilis.
Recently the list has been enlarged with such infections as chickenpox, enterovirus diseases and HIV.
4. Bacteriological examination of the urogenital tract of the patient for causative agents as well as for Candida
5. Antibiotic sensitivity test
6. PCR analysis for mycoplasmal infections, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomonas vaginalis, HSV 1.2, HPV pathogenesis;
7. Urogenital smear bacterioscopy
Blood test for listeriosis
9. IgG antibody avidity test to toxoplasma, CMV, rubella, HSV 1,2;
IgG antibody venous blood test to rubella; HSV 1 IgG, M; HSV 2 IgG, M; IgG, Toxo Ig G, M; CMVI Ig G, M; M to chlamydia.
11. Pelvic ultrasound examination on the 3-5th and 19-31st days of the patient’s menstrual cycle in order to detect pathological disorders which may cause infertility.
12. Semen analysis. Good results of this fertility test undergone by the patient’s husband and a positive inference of the andrologist are a good guarantee of achieving a pregnancy.
13. If infertility is caused by female infertility factors, or such factors as male infertility factors and infections have been successfully treated, additional invasive examination methods (cervical hysteroscopy, hysterosalpingography, and endoscopy) are recommended. These methods are performed to detect pathologies of the uterine tubes, uterine cavity, and pelvic organs of the patient.
This is a general and exemplary list of examinations done in order to detect infertility causes. Naturally, in every case, this list is shortened or enlarged by the fertility specialist. Some of the examinations are excluded from the list if they are not necessary.
In compliance with the Order of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation on the “Principles, indications and restrictions on the application of the Assisted Reproduction Techniques”, the following examinations are necessary.
In order to have a list of examinations to undergo, please, visit one of our fertility specialists.